Subject: RE: Intel Triton Chipset?
From: [email-masked] (Ken VanBrocklin)
To: [email-masked] (Lightwave)
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 1995 08:29:18 -0700

>  I am trying to get a little clarification on the chipset matter before
>I make the plunge into a Pentium PC as a LW platform. There has been some
>discussion of the Intel support chipset requiring the cache disabling to
>run Lightwave under WindowsNT.

   I have been dealing with this problem for the past 3 weeks. It sound's 
like people running the P-100  on the Triton chip mother board have had good 
luck. I have been trying to get a P-120 to work with no such luck. After 
trying 3 different motherboards with the same result (disabling CPU cach to 
get lightwave to render) I decided to end my agony and am in the process of 
buying a ZEOS P-120 or 133. They are the only other manufacture that I am 
aware of, that have an advanced motherboard that supports pipeline cach and 
EDO ram. They have there own chipset using VLSI chips,
and best yet, they garentee 100% NT compatibality. The board is called the 
BOA Wildcat for anybody who may be interseted. Two other LightWave animaters 
in my area have been using the Zeos P-120 (I am not shure what mother board) 
running NT for several months now and have had no problems. Heck, they even 
have Windows 95 running half way decent.

>What I was wondering if the support chips in question are the Triton
>chipset? I am getting the impression that the Triton chipset is a NEW
>chipset

I dont know the answer to that question. I'll let you know if my luck is any 
better with the Zeos.  They are a local company, and willing to work with me 
on any problems, so I should know more, later  this week.

--
[email-masked] (Ken VanBrocklin) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]